!-- End Google Tag Manager --

Notifications
Clear all

What to Discuss

colin_manchester
(@colin_manchester)
Member Admin

Feel free to talk about anything -  we've added a topic headings, just to get things started.

CJB

Topic starter Posted : 22/05/2020 5:13 pm
(@sandra-francis)

Hi both

I find this idea brilliant.  My hubby was fantastic during his 12 months of battling with pancreatic cancer at talking about his wishes and putting things in place.  BUT I now need to do that for my adult children.  I have a document that was given to me by a friend called "What it is and Where it is"  Its detailed and I haven't completed it but its shared on google docs with my two adult children so when I make changes they get to see those immediately should they choose to look.  The site implies that its for couples but it would be useful to expand it to widows who want things to be easy for their adult children when they die.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2020 1:57 pm
colin_manchester
(@colin_manchester)
Member Admin

Hi Sandra, thanks for posting we understand what you mean entirely.

We certainly didn’t intend for the site to be just for couples, we recognise that much like ourselves (as widows), we want to be sure that those we left behind get all of the information as you describe – given your suggestion we will try to make some changes on the site to make sure everyone understands it’s for everybody, not just couples 🙂

You mentioned you had a document, that sounds really interesting, it would be great if you could share (a blank copy) here with everybody. If you need any help doing that – just come back to me.

Once again, thanks for posting.

Colin and Janet

CJB

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/06/2020 5:36 pm
janet.lester
(@janet-lester)
Member Admin

Hi Sandra 

Thank you for your comments, very valuable while we are developing this site. As Colin says, although we were aware of the fact that many couples don't talk about this, we intended this to encourage and guide anyone to talk to their loved ones about ; their wishes, what to do with their things, what is valuable, who their contacts are , passwords etc. and encourage them to update and record them. 

Although we are looking to develop a site/service to store such information for those who want us to, we are initially just looking at encouraging people to have the conversation and build awareness.  

We know there will be ways people choose to store this information but it is important it is updated and their loved ones know where it is. It would be lovely if you could share a blank copy of your document to help others. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2020 5:53 pm
Share: